Mike and Charmaine Anderson

Mike and Charmaine Anderson

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

THE CALL

We received our love letter call the day after Valentines day 2012.  We had some hints that it was coming on that day.  I know the mail comes before 12:00 so I went to the box at 11:30 prepared to stay but it was there.  I wanted Mike to open it and read it to me because I was shaking.  Scotland, Ireland Center for Young Adults.  I couldn't have been happier but Mike was a teeny bit disappointed that we didn't get a foreign language.  He was prepared to jump in and push his language skills night and day.  I have seen him do it before, like the 6 weeks before we went to Italy.  Mike loves languages and has a gift for learning them and understanding grammar.  I was prepared to support this desire.  But this one is for me because when we looked at the list of openings in the Young Adult Centers this would have been my first choice.  I am not saying that Mike is not excited because he is.  On May 14 we will be in the Mission Home.  We definitely need to get a warmer wardrobe for winter but as luck will have it we will be there for spring and summer to start the mission.

The church is opening Young Adult Centers all over Europe and there are a few in the US.  They feel it is important to keep things happening to keep the young adults together, and hopefully get some of them married.  We will be a party planner, a Family Home Evening coordinator;  We might teach some institute classes and we will have many opportunities to support individual young adults as they have needs.  We hear it is a busy assignment.  We like the idea that the basics are well defined. 


3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. You and Mike will be amazing at this. Will you be traveling back and forth between Scotland and Ireland? Where will your home base be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are not sure about our home base or what traveling we will be doing but it does sound exciting.

      Delete
  2. You guys were made for this call. Congrats. Maybe the next mission will be a foreign language and you will both get your dream mission. I am sure there will challenges but many blessings too. We will miss knowing you are a couple miles away.

    ReplyDelete