Mike and Charmaine Anderson

Mike and Charmaine Anderson

Friday, April 20, 2012

What are we doing now?

The Visa has been submitted.  The mission President told us that the Visas are coming in a lot earlier since the new "conservative" government was voted in...some as early as 2 months so we are hoping that our August 6 date will truly happen.

Right now we are studying Spanish many hours a day.  We found this great site with progressive lessons that we are working through. http://www.spanishdict.com/  We are trying to speak a little Spanish to each other, hopefully it will be even more as the summer progresses.

I am learning to use my new I pad and Mike has a new lap top he is taking.  He is considering an I pad also.  We are communicating with missionaries on the Canaries and have a good idea what the situation is there...more Spanish is needed than was advertised. Oh me!  Mike will be fine as he is far far ahead of me.  For once he will be talking and I will be silent.  He just needs to get to a point where he can translate for me.  

I am sewing for myself for the first time in years.  I am making comfortable, simple longish skirts and dresses.  Someone told us that CES stands for "cooking every second"  so I want to be in some easy clothes if that is true. 

I am going to Women's Conference at BYU next week and plan to teach a shortened family writing class in May.  I have a painting I want to finish before we go.  Life is good!

1 comment:

  1. I am thrilled. Do you know which island you will go to first? The people are friendly and will appreciate any attempts you make at speaking Spanish, but we found most people to speak English everywhere we visited. I am jealous!- Mary

    ReplyDelete