Mike and Charmaine Anderson

Mike and Charmaine Anderson

Thursday, August 9, 2012

NEW DATE

Changes are getting old and a little embarrassing.  A call came from the Mission Department last week informing us that the Visa's are not going to be here by September 3 and our new MTC date is  October 1.  We are still OK with that but please don't let us be here as winter begins.  If we get to the MTC in October it will be exactly a year since we started the mission call process.  So start early if you are planning a mission.    I keep buying more clothes.  If we don't go soon I will have to leave some here because they won't fit in the suitcase.

My Spanish is improving slowly but surely.  I have written 2 small talks that Mike has translated into Spanish that I could give if I needed to.  I have memorized a testimony in Spanish that I can give with ease.  Mike has read most of the Book of Mormon in Spanish.  I am overwhelmed by Spanish scriptures so he has started reading the Book of Mormon with me, 5 verses a day.  Whew!  It is difficult.  The ipad has been a great boon to my Spanish study. 

The painting I committed to finish is almost done.  I will post a picture soon.   Mike developed a bad knee that needed care.  He is having a special brace made and some lubricant injected.  And he had an infection that needed to be lanced, so maybe it is good that we are still here to get everything taken care of. 

70 people came to my family reunion in July.  Cousins came that I hadn't seen for over 30 years and some of their children that I had never met. All of my children were here but one and he is coming soon.  It was a great day. The  only good thing about waiting is that I have enjoyed  my Secret Garden and I am glad I planted flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment