Mike and Charmaine Anderson

Mike and Charmaine Anderson

Sunday, May 19, 2013

DISTRICT CONFERENCE AND THE POST OFFICE

When you get a package here, you have to pick it up at the Post Office, even if it fits in your mail box.  We made a trip this week.  It is in a beautiful area, up the hill from us, next to the community church.
I love this purple tree that is blooming everywhere right now.  We have one in our back yard but it isn't this large. This one is next to the Post Office.


 The Bougainvillaea was in bloom in February, when we arrived , but with Spring it has exploded everywhere in spectacular color.  This is across from the Post Office.



The church is in front of the PO.  All the charming sights make the PO trip a joy.

We rode the bus with 50 members of our Branch, to Santa Cruz, an hour away to District Conference.  This is the first time I have felt that I might be able to understand Spanish at church.  The Mission President and his wife talked,  the area authority talked.  They all spoke Spanish but Spanish is their second language, so I was able to understand most of it.  The native speakers are another story.    I got my first haircut on the island this week.  We live close to an English area and I found a great girl from England to cut my hair and she gives perms also.  I am happy!

These are 3 of our great JAS kids and Elder Malan and Elder Cloward behind and Marlene and Gillermo, who are going to be baptized this Saturday behind them.  They are a wonderful golden couple from Columbia.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like it might be a Jacarandá tree. They are in bloom all over Mexico right now.

    ReplyDelete