Mike and Charmaine Anderson

Mike and Charmaine Anderson

Sunday, May 12, 2013

NEW MISSION LEADER

This is Luis.  He is our acting JAS President.  This week he was called to be our new Branch Mission Leader. He is 18 years old and we believe, the youngest Mission Leader in Spain (maybe the church). He speaks a fair amount of English and recently on the way to an activity, we were talking about one of the missionaries turning 20 and no longer being a "teenager". Charmaine was explaining about what it means to be a "teenager", what a difficult time it can be, and that the "world" has a way of pulling us in. He said without hesitation and with no guile, "the world can't pull me in, because I know I am a child of God." Today on the way home, he expressed that there are so many others with more experience than him to do this calling. I said, "the most important thing is desire". His response was, "my desire is to save everybody". A great young man. (Written by Mike Anderson)



He reminds me of Alma 29:1  1 O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!


1 comment:

  1. I believe we have many of those boys here in America as it is proven by the amount of "teens" going out on missions and following the new call to missionaries. Luis sounds like one of those dedicated and chosen spirits who is called to follow the prophet and be a leader in the last days.

    ReplyDelete